I’ve never been particularly loyal when it comes to mascara. There are some make up products where I choose to invest but mascara isn’t one of them.
Usually I find myself picking one up that’s on special offer and most recently this was L’oreal miss manga for around £6.
The first thing to say about this mascara is that it has a flexible wand that I wasn’t expecting, so on my first application ended up with it on my eye lids as it bounced around. Not ideal first thing in the morning.
Apparently this is to help wide-eyed look…I probably should have read the back of the packet but I don’t think a mascara should be unpredictable. It has one job!
That aside, I did start to like using it once it began to dry out after a couple of weeks.
What with the messy eye lid thing that had been going down in the early days, after a couple of weeks it started to loose that wetness that you get from a new mascara – you know what I mean right?
Suddenly it became more manageable and I was able to build it up to get the effect I wanted.
What’s good about it?
- Reasonable price. If you want to try it, it’s on offer again in boots right now
- The length of the brush means you can coat all your eyelashes in one swipe, great if you want a natural look or are in a rush
- You can build up the layers. None of that ‘I appear to only have 3 eyelashes because they’ve all clumped together’
What’s not so good?
- Bendy wand that feels like its going to snap in half*
- It got quite flaky by mid afternoon
Would I repurchase?
If I found it on offer, maybe but it wasn’t a show stopped for me.
*I’ve read other reviews where users loved it, including Val Garland here, which show why there are perhaps just so many different ones out there.
Do you have a personal go-to mascara you’d recommend?